Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wal-Zyr is making me crazy!


My boys have been sick for a couple weeks. Cough and cold stuff. I had to start giving Wesley an allergy medicine to clear him up. I bought the Walgreens version of Zyrtec (Wal-Zyr). Wes has been on it for a week and he is BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS! I have never seen him so hyper. He's active enough without medicine. I'm exhausted just watching him. He crashes at night though and I love to watch him sleep so peacefully.

Tonight when I put the boys to bed, they were both coughing. I could hear them all the way downstairs. I get worried when I hear them. Does anybody else get that way? I mean, I will pace my kitchen thinking..."should I go up? maybe I should give them some vapor rub? Delsym?...etc."

As I was praying for my boys and their colds tonight, I stopped to pray for a sweet blogger friend's son, Andrew. He is battling cancer. His mom, Melanie is a prayer warrior and has prayed for me at times, and she's never even met me. Please pray for her sweet son and that God would heal every cell in his body. I can't imagine how hard it is as a mom to see your child go through that.

Meanwhile, I think I might chuck this Wal-Zyr and try a homeopathic route. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Everything Homemade said...

i've heard an old wives tale that if you slather vicks vapor rub on the bottoms of their feet and then cover with socks as they sleep that it clears up congestion and cough. my kids dont have a cough but when they do i will try it because even if it doesnt work then you are only out a bit of vicks.

Dolly said...

Angela, I've heard the same thing that "Everything Homemade" said. I actually do that to Michael when he's stuffy. I think it works so you should give it a try. Hope they get feeling better!

Melanie said...

Dear Angela,
Thank you for continuing to remember Andrew in prayer. He needs it. Our whole family does. He starts treatment soon and we are longing for his healing.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Umcka cold care? You can get it at CVS. This is what I give my kids every time they are sick, and they are all better in 3 to 5 days. It is all natural. Hope they feel better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.