Sunday, November 8, 2009

Earning their keep

My boys have made some new friends. Charlie and Douglas live nearby and they have hit it off!  Charlie and Will found out they both love to catch lizards (instant bond).


Now, I might sound like a slave driver, but the boys actually LOVED this activity. We were given a load of firewood last year. It has been in our woods and is now "seasoned" and ready to burn. So I was thinking...how are we gonna get all this wood up to the patio?


I gave the boys some gloves and they carried 1 piece at a time. I'm telling you, they had a BALL! And, look at that stack behind them! They were such troopers. I paid them each a dollar. They were thrilled with a dollar. I'm enjoying THAT while it lasts.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How sweet that you got this picture. I love it. They certainly look like a happy crew - not too overworked. And $4 to have all your wood moved is a super fab price. Maybe you could rent them to other neighbors! :)