Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Things...


1. Today I finished painting my dining room table and chairs. They were a pine/orangey color and didn't match my dining room. I painted them black and I love how it looks! Especially with the fall decorations. (yes, I'm jumping the gun on fall just a bit, but I couldn't wait. my house smells like spiced pumpkin and is sooo cozy. fall wreath is even on the front door!)

2. I tried FRIED OKRA for the first time tonight. The incredible chef Tammy Jones had me and the boys over for dinner. I watched her make the fried okra. It was pretty good. Not going to be on my favorite foods list. (I told her that already and she wasn't offended :) However, she made Swiss Steak for dinner and it was YUMMY! Holy tomatoes! What a treat! (this picture was taken before it was finished. it gets brown and crispy)

11 comments:

Granny said...

Love the new color on the dining room - glad you're thinking about fall 'cause I am too! Love ya, granny

Jennifer said...

Angela, I am laughing that you already have fall decorations up...we haven't even had our fall blog swap yet!

The table and chairs look great...good job!

Dolly said...

I love the new look with your black too! Great job! Black always looks good on everything I think. I can't believe you already have your decorations up too! Is it getting cooler there yet? I can't wait for FALL! my favorite time of year!!!! (Besides Christmas)

Kristi said...

Your table and chairs look AWESOME!!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Angela, please come to Richmond and help me decorate my house! Your house looks like something out of a magazine. You are one talented girl!

Donna said...

I'm so ready for Fall, too, but wow! You have your decorations up? I'm LOL!! It's August 27th! Still shaking:)

The chairs look great! I can't believe you did them by yourself!

Oh, and I love fried okra! It's so good.

Toni R. said...

Fall already! Whew! Where did summer go?! your house is decorated so beautifully!!!!
I've never had okra before, either :)

Tina said...

Hey the dinning room looks great! Black is my favorite color, they say a little black in every room is good. I too am ready for fall. It is my favorite time of the year.

Kristi Smalley said...

Lookin' good, Angela.....lookin' good.

Karen said...

OH WOW! I LOVE your table and chairs. I want to get our set redone. It was my grandmother's and is not in the best shape, to say the least. Anyway, I talked to a guy near us, and he priced the table alone at $700. The chairs would be another $800! Yikes. I love the black look, too. We have several pieces of black furniture. It's my favorite color (although I know it's technically not a color, but I digress). I would love to know more about how you did this.

Tri chick said...

Angela,
Your house is beautiful! I love it! I so need some help decorating, I am not good at it.
I also love fall, thanks for sharing!