Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Busy ain't the WORD!

Fasten your seat belts, I'm gonna do a week wrap up as fast as I can. Last week was the Community Makeover at our church. Paul organized 35 churches and over 300 projects. It was AMAZING! These churches were from all different denominations and races. We all worked together for 3 days all over the county, and then came together for one HUGE rally in our Sam's Club parking lot. I'll never forget the sound of 35 churches singing together. There was one song - "How Great Thou Art" sung by Tanya Smith, and for me, time stood still. Here's an example of just one project. Mr. Griffin's house - before...And after... what's amazing about this project is the budget was only $1,000. It's unbelievable how much was accomplished in one weekend. To read more about this story go here.Here's a slideshow of our week...
Yesterday, after sleeping all day Monday, I decided to get back in the kitchen and get to work. I made 5 pints of salsa (homemade, fresh tomatoes picked that morning) and 5 pints of homemade from scratch spaghetti sauce! Whew! My house still smells like garlic this morning.

5 comments:

Gwynie Pie said...

Wow !! Your post made me cry ! What a beautiful picture -- the churches of the LORD coming together for a common purpose. I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Gwyn Rosser
The Pink Tractor
http://www.gwynrosser.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

This is great work, Angela. I went over and read the link.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Kristi said...

Angela - this is just so awesome!! This is what the the church should be all about! I am so proud of your hubs for his work in this and for you that you were so involved and had your kids out there serving. Wish I could have heard all the people singing!

Dolly said...

I love hearing about this project you do each year and I LOVE seeing the pictures. You always sound so excited and I'm so proud of you, Paul and your great church. Think of what Will and Wesley get to observe and grow up to imitate. So good!

Kristi Smalley said...

I agree with Dolly. What an awesome thing. I know you have to be proud that Paul organized all of it. Now, I am also proud of you for your domestic prowess. I would love to have your salsa recipe.