Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Wesley


Today my baby turns 4. I can't believe how fast 4 years have gone.

What I love about John Wesley:

1. He has a gusto, a passion about him that is contagious.

2. He is so expressive. He loves to tell a good story...hmmm, wonder where he gets that from? :)

3. His voice is a raspy, low, little voice and it melts me.

4. He is very brave and will try just about anything.

5. His blonde hair!

6. He runs around the house singing the "Indiana Jones" theme song. That's what he wants to be when he grows up.

7. When he's about to be punished for something, he'll look at me and say..."this is just breaking my heart". It's so hard to discipline him after that.

8. He's a bit of a con artist. But he's good at it. Gotta give him props for that.

9. He loves nature. He would rather be out exploring than watching any movie on tv.

10. I'll never forget when Wesley was born...I had just been coming through one of the hardest times in my life. I never thought I would make it to delivery day, or that he would either. When he was born, I looked at him and said..."we made it! you hung in there with me. we did it together!" It's that FIGHT and strong will about him that kept us going. And he still has it.

Thank you God for my sweet Wesley.

3 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

What a sweet post about Wesley. He is such a gift from God to you. It makes me want to hop on over there and meet that sweet guy. Be sure and tell him to have a great 4th birthday. (THanks for your sweet notes)

Kristi said...

Yay! Happy birthday Wesley! Love the list. I think number 7 and 8 seem like they go together. :)
Thanking God for giving you your little guy and that you are raising him so well!!

Dolly said...

Happy Birthday Wesley! I can't believe your baby is 4 now but what a sweet little guy he is. You've done good with your boys Angela! I love your list and helps me feel like I know him a little better.

It was good catching up a little today. You're a dear friend!