Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hot Spot

Every home has one. This is mine. The corner of my kitchen counter. I took a picture of it this morning at 6:45 and it looked like this:
Throughout the day, things get flung onto the counter. Random things. For whatever reason it seems easier to fling stuff there than to take a second to put it where it belongs. After a day of doing that, it looks like THIS:

I read a GREAT book called Sink Solutions by the Fly Lady. (sounds silly, but trust me it's awesome!) She says to avoid "Hot Spot Clutter" by remembering that EVERYTHING HAS IT'S PLACE. Scissors - go in the utensil drawer. Glass - dishwasher. Cordless phone - on the charger, etc. The plan is to be able to clear the clutter within a minute by putting things where they belong. (Instead of sweeping it all into a junk drawer....who, me?, I've never done that!) The Fly Lady would be proud of me though because my sink is CLEAN!

No comments: