Sunday, October 4, 2009

our date night

Last night Paul took me to midtown for our anniversary. He gave me some choices for dinner...Ruth's Chris, Morton's, and some other fancy places I haven't heard of, and I picked...Cheesecake Factory. That's right. They have my favorite meal ever - Chicken Madeira. We sat and had a 2 hour meal. Ahhhhhh. And by the way, I got the 30th anniversary cheesecake...AMAZING! When we left the restaurant, we heard all this buzz about a car in the lot. I had to check it out. What you can't see in this picture are all the cones around the car to keep people like ME away from it

Yes, my friends, this is a ROLLS ROYCE. I had to look at the front to make sure! ha! People were calling it a "Phantom" which I have no idea what that means. But check out the rims on this baby!


We went to Lenox mall and walked around. I got a little prize from Anthropologie. I couldn't resist this little dish towel...

After that, we went to Starbucks and Barnes n Noble to stroll around for a bit. I was so excited to see my favorite Holiday magazine on the shelf! One happy girl, Starbucks and Southern Lady Holidays!

And, looky, looky here - someone else was celebrating their wedding anniversary last night. Unbeknownst to me...

Maybe we could've double dated. However, I don't think Cheesecake Factory would have been in their budget. :) And the article on their date night said they were back at the White House by 9:32pm. What? Live a little guys.

4 comments:

Annette said...

One: Happy Anniversary!

Two: LOVE your coat!

Three: Coveting the dishtowel!

Kristi said...

Date nights are the best! What fun. I just ate at the cheesecake factor the other night (just for dessert) and it was amazing!
Not being a car girl I will have to say I am way more excited about your new dish towels than the car. they are adorable! I love anthropologie but I have never been in one of their stores.
Glad you had such a fun night. We are having a double date this weekend (although not with the Obamas) and I can't wait!

Kristi Smalley said...

You looked so cute! I love your coat! I'm glad you got to get away and do that. Happy belated anniversary. You make a great couple!

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I vividly remember your wedding. You were a beautiful bride, Angela:)

How funny that the Obama's share your day!