Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Clean Fun!





Monday Paul bought the boys a slip and slide. I was more excited than they were, because I KNEW what it was. They had never seen one before. When Paul brought it home, Will and Wesley had this ho-hum..."THAT'S our prize?" attitude. But, it didn't last for long, they played in that thing for 5 HOURS! Paul had fun showing them how to slip and slide. (Perfect form Paul!:) He kind of looks like he's an olympic swimmer. We put soap on the slide to make it super slick and after we rinsed all the grass off, the boys smelled so good and didn't really need a bath that night.

The other picture is my back patio. Last summer I painted this design on it with concrete stain. I really wanted it to look like tile. One day, we want to do either slate or tile out there. Over the winter it peeled and cracked, so I fixed over the weekend. I put 2 layers of sealer on it so hopefully it will last longer this time. I thought it might look a little hokey at first, but now I really like it. The good thing about the stain and sealer is that it makes the concrete a little more smooth, so when those little knees fall, they don't get scraped as badly.

7 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Hi Angela, I am lurking on your site via the Reber girls. I LOVE THE PORCH! You are so creative.

I've always loved the name of your blog. So cute and definitely peaks curiosity.

Dolly said...

Angela! I LOVE your back patio design. How did you get the squares so even and matched up? What a great idea. You're so creative.

Slip and slides bring me back to Treasure Island at camp as a kid. I remember they had a BIG OLD slip and slide with lots of kids on it. Good for Paul for getting down with the boys. Nice form too!

Angela Richardson said...

Kristi! Welcome to my site! As you can see if it weren't for the Reber girls, I would hardly have any "commenters!" Do you have a blog?

Dolly, I used a piece of poster board to make the design. I cut out a square and then used a piece of the boys sidewalk chalk to draw it out. Really professional huh?? :)

Dolly said...

Hey, whatever works to get the job done. You are such a Martha Stewart. I'm trying to think if there is a place at my house I could do that but maybe in a future home someday. Good job Angela!

Donna said...

I remember when we were little, Dolly and I wanted a slip and slide SOOO badly. For some reason, Mom wouldn't buy us one. So we made our own with trashbags and we held them down to the ground my poking sticks through the bags into the ground (safe, I know). It didn't work well at all. There were some kids down the street that we didn't know well and we were trying so hard to invite ourselves over without being too rude!

Love the pics of your patio and I love the pictures of Paul! I want to go get a slip and slide now!!

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, I would love to have you visit my site but I just went private. If you would send me your email address to kristismalley@sbcglobal.net, I will add you to my list.

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Angela you have such a sweet family! Your boys are adorable!