Sunday, May 25, 2008

All American Girl




I think that I am somewhat German, my maiden name is Schonfelder. (Means "beautiful fields" in german). But, I'm all American at heart. I'm very patriotic and I love to celebrate by doing ALL AMERICAN sorts of things. Like, picking strawberries with my boys, cutting up a watermelon, putting up little american flags for decoration, grilling hot dogs, and setting off fireworks in the driveway and waiting to see if the neighbors will come out to watch them and visit with us. If a fireworks display is set to patriotic music, I get all teary.

I am so thankful for our freedom. I love this country and I love that it was founded on Godly values. It is sad to see that slipping away, but knowing where personal freedom comes from gives me hope.

Be proud today, make a point to do something to show your patriotism. Go get a little flag and stick it in a flower pot, or make one of those strawberry, whipped cream and blueberry flag cakes you see in the J-e-l-l-o ads this time of year. :)

My word, wait til the 4th of July, I am already thinking of something to put up on my blog.

And, now for my song choice...I know this city was obviously NOT built on Rock-n-roll. I just really like that song, but when you go to view the slideshow, click on America the Beautiful by Ray Charles. You just can't beat that!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Amen, Angela! That was a good post. I'm with you on the Americana stuff. I love to do all of those things, too. I feel like a good American and a good Mommy when I do those things:) I love the strawberry picking pictures. The boys look adorable in their little boots:)

Dolly said...

You're a good mommy Angela. I love getting into the holiday spirit too and I can only imagine how nice you have things for the holidays. Your boys are lucky to have you for their mom. I love the picture of you reading to them too!