Saturday, May 24, 2008

Don't try this at home


In 30 years you would think I have learned my lesson that a tan in a bottle isn't natural. Well.....NO, I haven't learned. I fell for another one of these tanning "schemes". I bought Neutrogena air brush spray tan in an aerosol can. I was PSYCHED, cause I thought THIS WILL FINALLY BE WHAT GIVES ME THAT GOLDEN GLOW! Well, I was GOLDEN alright. The next morning I woke up to see an Ooompa Looompa in the mirror. Aghhh! I went to a tanning salon and they tried to fix it. We headed to the beach the next day, and all I can say is that I spent the first day at the beach in a 3/4 length shirt. For all of my tan friends, please don't ever take for granted that you can tan!!! I know that God gave me this fair, freckled skin and I have learned to be thankful. I need to bring back being pale. Wasn't that the fashion, oh, let's say, a hundred years ago? Pale people of the world UNITE. :)

8 comments:

Donna said...

That's hilarious, Angela! I bought the Jergins tan lotion and it just isn't working, so I informed Roy that starting tomorrow, I'm hitting the tanning bed! Something about being pastey white makes you feel fat! I'm ready to feel skinny again:)

Denise said...

Angela! You are so funny. You should try that Dove or Jergen's natural glow cream/lotion. It is moisturizing lotion with a tad bit of tanner in it. That is what I use.

I have never had a problem with it. It doesn't get me DARK, but it gives a natural nice looking "I've been outside a little" tan. I put it on two or three times every few days--in the evening and in the morning. I just put it on my legs--that is really the only place I need it.

Denise said...

Oop! Just read Donna's comment. Why isn't it working Donna? Goodness girl! How dark do you want to be? Oh well, to each her own. I like the stuff. It works for me.

barb24 said...

I think you look great without the tan. But if you must, Oil of Olay Touch of Sun works extremely well. That's what I use. Otherwise I would have been a white zombie when you saw me in Atlanta. Chained to my typewriter all day every day. Never get out in the sun. Hope the beach was awesome regardless.

Dolly said...

Oh Angela! I'm LOL although I wish you had taken a picture of your face too. I wanted to see that golden glow. I've always loved your skin and HATE, DESPISE, CAN'T STAND tanning beds. I think people in their natural God given skin look the best and you always look beautiful. You should just pull off a Nicole Kidman and wear a big wide brim hat when you're outside at the beach. Now SHE has beautiful skin!

Donna said...

Ouch, Dolly! I did the tanning bed yesterday and I have to admit I was taken back to my highschool-tan before the jr/sr-days. I'm just doing it five times to get me off to a good start. I haven't had any sun in 2 years!

Tonya said...

Angela! So funny you posted this! My sister is getting married this Saturday and I let my poor pasty self get convinced to go try one of those spray tanning booths at the tanning salon with the reassurance that it would not turn me orange. WRONG! I am orange and blotchy and going on my third day of two showers and a pumice stone and loofah trying to ex foliate it all off by Saturday! So it will be pasty me, with spots of orange in a butter cup yellow dress! Fabulous!

collyn said...

OH MY GRACIOUS!!! Why does being beautiful come at such a high price?? Why can't pasty, fat, and white be the new dark and skinny??? Shall we start our own new "mommy group?" I was just noticing that Donna and Denise don't get much sleep...:)