Friday, October 1, 2010

A dum dum a day

It's OCTOBER!! Tonight it's about 60 degrees and we just came in from looking at stars with the boys. My nose and ears are just a tad bit cold! Fall is so invigorating! 
I copied this idea from my dear friend Cyndi. I bought a fake pumpkin, drilled 60 holes in it and filled it with dum dums. The idea is that on the 1st day of October, the boys get to have a "dum dum a day" until Halloween. The dum dum people have gotten really creative with the flavors. My favorite is always the mystery flavor. Does anyone know what that one is???

Paul really wants me to call this a "Dumpkin".  :)

This is sitting on top of my fridge. I just noticed something...if you look really close right underneath the pumpkin (or "dumpkin") you will see a teensy tiny pair of gray glasses. So...THAT'S where they've been! They go to a lego guy. ha!

5 comments:

Bargain Noble said...

Your so creative! I love this idea! I created a Halloween advent calendar out of a dollar store cookie sheet, some marbles and magnets! It ended up being really cute! Here is a link to the blog that I got the idea from.http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/2010/08/halloween-advent-calendar-tutorial.html

Donna said...

That is so cute! My kids LOVE dumdums! The receptionist at the kids' preschool gives them a dumdum every day and as I vacuumed out my car yesteday, I found too many dumdum sticks!! I may have to make this pumpkin, but I think I'd be filling it too often:) Roy's favorite flavor is the root beer one. I like the butterscotch!

Kelli G said...

The mystery flavor is usually different and a mystery to even the DumDum folks. It is the combination of two flavors, the flavor that is ending it's run and the flavor that is beginning. The DumDums that cycle through the machine from the time the new flavor is placed in it until it starts running the new flavor are wrapped as "Mystery". Cool huh? Courtesy of "Unwrapped"-

Love the dumpkin, great idea!

Angela Richardson said...

Kelli! That's awesome! All these years of wondering...MYSTERY SOLVED! I love that show too by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Enter the Dum Dum photo contest at www.lifeofdumdums.com!