Sunday, October 3, 2010

13 Years Ago Today

I married my highschool sweetheart. I was thinking this morning..."What was I doing the day of my wedding 13 years ago?" I was 19 years old. A week away from turning 20. My mom and dad were so supportive of me marrying Paul. They gave me a beautiful wedding. My aunt Corrinne and her girls were in town for the big day and she went to Chic-fil-a and bought biscuits for the whole family. GREAT way to start my day! :) My bedroom was almost empty because I had already packed to move to Georgia. The house was buzzing with family and phone calls. One of the phone calls was Patty Hiner yelling at me because I didn't have a sound tech scheduled for the day. Boy, was my dad upset that she called and spoke to me like that on my WEDDING DAY! I didn't even know I need a sound tech - sooooo, I called a high school friend, John Kail and he came to run sound. My aunt Corrine took me to lunch at Rally's (just like Checkers) for lunch. I didn't eat very healthy the day of my wedding! In my dressing room that evening at the church, I realized I only had ONE of my leggings (you know the hose that are separate and have grippy things at the top to hold them up - I don't know what they're called) I was SOOOO UPSET about that because I spent my own money on this $40 pair of stockings and now, I couldn't even use them! I called my brother to look around the house for my other stocking and all the girls in my bridal room were laughing at me trying to describe what he should be looking for! So, my aunt Corrine, again to the rescue, took off her OWN panty hose and gave them to me!!! Just as I got everything on, zipped and buttoned... I had to go to the bathroom. (Just a side note, if you have to go the bathroom and your wedding party - especially your RING BEARER is in the room, wait to take off your dress until he is excused. Poor kid. :) By the time I walked down the aisle at around 7:45 pm, I was exhausted. What usually happens when I get exhausted, is I get the giggles. And boy, did I ever! It started when I walked up the stairs to meet Paul and I stepped on my dress. I got shorter and shorter as I reached the top step. I looked to see my maid of honor's shoulders shaking from laughing so hard. Once Collyn and I got laughing, it was so hard to stop. Our prayer during the service...I giggled.

Once we were pronounced husband and wife, I was calm. The pressure was over. I married a man who is the "calm" in my life. He loves me for all the crazy, unpredictable, mishaps that I get myself into. I love you Paul Andrew!

What did Paul do on our wedding day? He played golf. :)

This is the only picture I have of those borrowed panty hose. 

2 comments:

Dolly said...

Oh Angela! This is what I love about you. I love your wedding day story and the details that you didn't leave out. I will NEVER forget the look on your face as you were walking up the steps while stepping on your dress and it getting shorter and shorter. (I'm shaking while typing this). I remember uncontrollably shaking and telling myself to "GET IT TOGETHER" because it was rude to be laughing on stage. Man! I didn't realize all the other events that happened that day either but I do know that you were a gorgeous bride who was so in love with her man. You and Paul are a very sweet couple and Happy Belated Anniversary!

Kristi Smalley said...

What a great post! I loved hearing about your wedding day. I can't get over how young you look. You and Paul look like little kids. You are a great couple and are so cute together. It is obvious the love you have for each other.