Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW and a SWEET GIFT!

I went to pick Will up from school yesterday afternoon as it started snowing. I was walking down the halls and could hear all the kids in the classrooms going absolutely NUTS! I was giddy. Probably more giddy than any 1st grader you've ever seen. When I got into Will's class, all the kids were glued to the windows and just dying to go outside. Rule in Georgia, you can't take the kids outside unless it's 45 degrees or above. I ended up with my nose pressed against the glass with 18 other kids. OH, it was SO MUCH FUN!
I love this picture because Will doesn't realize he's about to get nailed by his brother!

Getting dressed for playing in the snow is NOT something I'm skilled in. I thought I was gonna break out in hives trying to get Wesley's gloves on. AGH! For some reason, he thought his pinky and ring finger should stay TOGETHER! I had to pry them apart and force them into the glove hole.

They played all afternoon. Will built this snowman all by himself. (He just said to me, "Mom, make sure your friends know, that I built it, with NO HELP").

Last night, we went on what I call a "midnight walk". It wasn't really midnight, more like 7:30pm. **When I was a little girl, we would travel to Illinois each Christmas and we ALWAYS had snow. Me and my gramma would go on walks late at night, bundled up, and would relish in the quiet streets. The sky would always look pink to us. She would tell me stories about the little town they live in. One time, me and my gramma went for a walk at midnight. It was something I will NEVER forget.** We had a blast last night. Just the 4 of us. Walking right in the middle of the road.
No, Paul didn't wet his pants...he had just been the target of a snowball. :)


When we came in all cold and red nosed, we had some hot chocolate (with pink heart shaped marshmallows) and enjoyed the fire. It doesn't get any better than that.

Yes, Wesley is outdoors in his robe and slippers this morning. He lasted about a minute. 

This is our backyard and woods. Through the trees is their fort and swingset.

For fun...this is my "sturdy pine that doesn't mind the snow". That's for you D and D. :)

And...look what my sweet friend Lauren, brought me this week. She is a DOLL! I'm not kidding this gal is a true southern belle. I got a knock on the front door and there she was, holding this surprise for me...
She made this for me! I have wanted a wreath for my door forever. I literally jumped up and down when I saw this. Isn't it so cute? Thank you Lauren!!!

4 comments:

Dolly said...

Adorable wreath Angela! I love the fact that ya'll go on walks at night in the snow. That is something your boys will never forget just like you didn't forget with your grandma. So special! Glad ya'll finally got snow too.

Donna said...

Tell Will he did a great job on that snow man! How did he get the three balls on top of each other? That is a lot of lifting for a guy his age!!
Yes, loved the idea of a walk in the snow!

Melanie said...

Dear Angela, I enjoyed your pics and post. Can I copy your wreath with a big D? If I get creative, that is.
Love,
Melanie
(4ever5)

Kristi Smalley said...

I love your place, Angela. That is so neat that you have woods behind your house so your boys can be little outdoormen. I know they love that.

I loved all the pics, especially the one of Paul's leakage. LOL!

You have a sweet family, Angela. You are very blessed.