Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm ready for Valentine's DAY!

I received my Valentine's swap package today from JesseRuth! I can't even begin to tell you how perfect the timing is. This totally made my day. I can't wait to tell you all about this gift - here goes:
This is what was on my doorstep about an hour ago! Cute little heart. :)
The instructions were: "Follow the numbers 1-5 and read poem/open your presents! Happy Valentines, Love, JesseRuth"
#1 - "Shopping for a romantic dinner for 2
         is not an easy thing to do
         so take this with you
         to help you carry your food."  
This is a super cute lightweight handbag! I love it!
#2 - "In order to cook dinner
         there must be a mess
         so drape these across an apron
         ...or dress."
Red and white plaid dish towels that are already hanging on my oven handle! They make my kitchen pretty. :)
#3 - "While enjoying your meal
        on your hubby's face will be a thrill
        (as long as this gift is lit you will
        get a thank you kiss)"
Adorable glass candle holders. Already on my dining room table. :)
#4 - "What would dinner be without something sweet?
        With this treat,
         It's hard to beat!"
Yum-O! These look so fancy and I can't wait to make them for Paul when he gets home!
#5 - "Whether cleaning alone or with your hubby
        wear these to put the dishes
         in a cubby."
Ha! Isn't that so cute! I love all these poems!!! Okay, these gloves were made for me JR! I'm not gonna lie, I jumped up and down like a kindergardener when I saw these. I've been clorox-ing door knobs and countertops all day with sick kids - these will make that job feel like a breeze. :)
Are you kidding me??? After all that creativity with the poems and wrapping, there is this beautiful necklace! So girly and fun! I can't wait to doll myself up with this. In the background is one of my sickies, Will, watching Man vs. Food on the couch.

JesseRuth, we might as well call you BABE RUTH, because this was a HOME RUN sister! Outta the park! And to think, we've never met. It's like you know me perfectly well. I love it all and thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Nikki - yours is on the way. I hope you get it soon! :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOA! BABE RUTH is riiiiiggght (btw, laughing at Ang's wittiness...can totally hear her saying that)!!!!! I was dying to know what was in that package after you posted in on FB. GREAT JOB, JR. So you...so Ang. Love it ALL AND the creativity. You're a poet and I didn't know it. :)

Denise said...

VERY creative, way to to JR! Love that bag! AND LOVE those gloves! Yummy on the cookies too!

Bravo to you JesseRuth.

Angela, I love how you called her Babe Ruth!

Dolly said...

Way to go JR! What a great gift and SO ANGELA is right! Great job posting too Angela! I can see you wearing those gloves around your house while cleaning. Love it!

Nikki said...

That necklace is so cute and so are the gloves. Jesse Ruth did good and I am LOL about Babe Ruth. There were alot of good gifts in that box. Whoo Hoo!

I have 2 sick boys too...I feel your pain with the cleaning of everything. :)

Ohhhh...I am so excited for my package! Eeeeeek! :)

Donna said...

Okay, the babe ruth comment was HILARIOUS! Angela, only you. onnnnnly you (said slowly)!

LOVE the gloves. Those are so Angela! Love the poems, too, JR!

This swap is GOOD!

Glenda said...

Angela,
Hope your husband is home. JesseRuth had so much fun shopping for you.Praying for you.
Love ya.

Glenda said...

Angela,
Hope your husband is home. JesseRuth had so much fun shopping for you.Praying for you.
Love ya.

Jennifer said...

Oh my word, Babe Ruth is right! Those are some great gifts...love the necklace and gloves...so cute! These teens are doing great in the blog swap, aren't they?

Angela, hope you and the boys are feeling better!

Kristi said...

OK - seriously - I thought about joining all you girls on your V-Day swap but I was too INTIMIDATED!! You girls are all so creative and know the best things to do for stuff like this. I just love reading about all of it!!