Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sunday School Musical...Oh, dear...

Last night we were in Blockbuster looking for a movie for the boys to watch for movie night. I thought Paul was joking when he said..."hey, we could always rent 'Sunday School Musical'.."(He was joking and being a little sarcastic) I didn't believe him at first, that it was an ACTUAL movie, but here it is...Now, I don't want to make fun because I haven't actually seen the movie yet. But I'm thinking, after the success of High School Musical, these people are setting themselves up for failure. You know the Christian movies that come out that are a little cheesy? I root for them and want them to succeed, it's just, I don't know, sometimes they give the stereotype a leg to stand on. I'm sure it's a great movie with a good lesson to be learned. Kind of looks like a remake of Sister Act 11. Here's the trailer..

5 comments:

Dolly said...

Hummmm, I'm not sure if it sold me. I do love gospel music like that but nothing beats the real Highschool musical. You'll have to let us know how you liked it.

Melanie said...

Probably a little predictable but I'd watch it...at home on a DVD.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Melanie said...

Oh btw, my BDay was Saturday the
27th. We went to Honeymoon Island, an undeveloped beach close to our house.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Toni R. said...

Can I just say that I LOVE how serious the guys voice is that is narrating! "In a world...." Lol!
It's definitely a "B" movie, but I would totally watch it, though! I wonder when SSM 2 will come out? :)

Kristi said...

This is so funny! I was in Blockbuster not too long ago and when I saw it I picked it up and said "What?!" and a Blockbuster employee said, with this hilarious face "yep - I know, right? Oddly enough a lot of people rent it" I was not one of them. :)